BIMM - The British & Irish Modern Music Institute Berlin is a unique and very prestigious musical institute, where applicants from all over the world are striving. He has been leading the history since 1983 from the opening of the Drumtech creative establishment in London, which was a great success and began to develop especially actively with the beginning of 2000. The huge popularity of BIMM institutions has led to rapid and high-quality development - and by 2018 the network has 8 campuses in different European cities:
Today, the institute has undergraduate and certificate programs in various areas:
The training system has a pronounced practical character: professional workshops are constantly held, students improve their skills, rehearsing individually and in groups. Mentors do everything they can to help students find their own way and style of creativity. Moreover, thanks to extensive partner contacts, students have the opportunity to prove themselves, to conclude an agreement on cooperation and find a good job.
If you dream of a brilliant career in the musical and creative industry, feel the potential for development and are ready to work hard to achieve goals, then BIMM - the British & Irish Modern Music Institute Berlin - this is the institution that you need!
1. Age of participants: from 18 years
2. Duration of training: 1 year
3. Classes start: September
4. Level of English: IELTS 6.5
5. Level of education: diploma of graduation (five subjects according to the GCSE standard with a mark of C and above, 4-6 class of skills to play instruments)
6. Language of instruction: English.
BIMM - The British & Irish Modern Music Institute Berlin - offers students the opportunity to study and get a certificate in several areas. These programs provide an opportunity to start professional and work activities, but later you can always go back to study and enroll in a bachelor's degree in the relevant direction (as a rule, in the second year if the specialties coincide). Training continues for one academic year.
Students develop their creative and professional skills, receive a large store of knowledge in all aspects of the specialty. They develop in a comfortable, friendly environment, in close cooperation with like-minded people, which contributes to the development of professional ties, the ability to act in a team and help each other. Much attention in the process of learning is given to practical activities and the development of practical skills: professional master classes are held, students constantly rehearse (individually and in groups). The institute maintains close partnerships with various organizations and companies in the industry, so that students have the opportunity to prove themselves, to show their talent and abilities - many students receive offers of cooperation during their studies.
Those students who successfully complete the curriculum receive a Certificate in the relevant specialty. Graduates of the BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Berlin demonstrate a high level of skills and achieve success in their professional and work activities.
Certificate Programs at BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Berlin:
1. Artist Development Certificate In Music Performance (Artistic Development Certificate in Music Performance):
2. Writing Songs (Artist Development Certificate in Songwriting)
3. Music Business (Professional Certificate In Music Business).
The cost of training for the certificate programs in the BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Berlin:
1. Age of participants: from 17 years
2. Length of study: 3 years (standard programs)
3. Start of classes: October, January, April
4. Level of English: IELTS 5.5-6.0
5. Level of education: graduation diploma (minimum 2 A-level subjects at level C or above / BTEC equivalent Level 3)
6. Language of instruction: English.
The BIMM undergraduate department of the British & Irish Modern Music Institute Berlin offers high-quality and professional training programs in several areas to applicants from all over the world:
The selection committee takes into account the achievements of applicants, participation and victories in competitions, diplomas and certificates.
Training programs are developed and compiled in the most thorough way, taking into account all the latest innovations in the music industry. Training continues for three courses, where each contains a complex of disciplines and subjects, giving a fundamental level of knowledge and skills. Central to the learning process is an active practice:
The teachers and mentors of the institute are acting musicians, composers, creative talents: they not only have a great degree of skill, but have exceptional experience, know how the modern music industry is organized, and can answer any question from students.
The institute has a development network of partnerships and close relations with many recording studios, companies and organizations, which gives students the opportunity to express themselves, show their talent, and it is possible to conclude an agreement on cooperation. Institute partners:
Many students begin their professional and working career before graduation, while BIMM graduate-bachelor students at the British & Irish Modern Music Institute Berlin demonstrate a high level of skill and achieve brilliant results.
Undergraduate Programs at BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Berlin:
1) Professional musicianship (Professional playing music) with directions:
2) Songwriting (BA (hons) Songwriting)
3) Music business (Ba (hons) Music business)
4) Musical production (BA (hons) Music production).
Tuition for undergraduate programs at BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Berlin:
The institute does not have its own residences to accommodate students, but its staff will assist in the selection and design of a suitable accommodation option. Depending on your needs and preferences, various options are available:
Meals are organized independently, when staying in a dormitory or family, meal plans are available.
The students of the institute have excellent opportunities to organize their leisure and active extracurricular activities. Faculty staff and mentors provide students with all the necessary assistance in the process of adaptation to the lifestyle and education system, they support students in their striving to develop talents and qualities. Thanks to close cooperation with companies, studios and educational institutions, students have the opportunity to express themselves, participate in festivals and competitions, and begin professional activities. In Berlin, everyone will find something to do to their liking - here students can attend entertainment venues, musical concerts, theaters and cinema, participate in creative projects.
Many classes in Berlin are held on the basis of the world famous Trixx Studios: the studio is fully equipped with an extensive collection of equipment (including the most modern), to which students have access during their studies. The study space is distinguished by bright, comfortable classrooms, soundproof spaces, high-tech manufacturing facilities, state-of-the-art Mac kits, rehearsal studios with a return line, and an independent recording studio. The BIMM Berlin’s own building is a center for the music industry with equipment rental services, a music shop, a radio station, several independent recording studios and an online ticket agency. All of these features give BIMM Berlin students an instant connection to the local creative and music community and teach students everything they need to start their musical career from scratch. Opportunities:
Beginning of studies: October, January. The academic year is divided into three parts:
Tuition (for the academic year):
1. Age: from 18 years
2. Level of education:
3. Creative skills (playing instruments, vocals, musical equipment)
4. Level of English: IELTS 6.0.-6.5.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.