Queen Ethelburgas College is a well-known international boarding school in England. It is located in York on the territory of a private boarding house with excellent infrastructure. Children's summer camp with football Arsenal FC is a partner of the football team Arsenal (Arsenal Soccer School). For foreign students there is a summer language camp with a sporting bias. Teens can improve English and develop professional football skills.
English and soccer
Short information. Summer program, aimed at football fans and junior athletes who want to improve English.
About the course. The combined program provides a minimum of 15 football training sessions and 15 English classes per week. Lessons are in the form of interactive. This allows students to quickly and effectively develop communication skills.
The football program includes training on the standard Arsenal Soccer School. The intensity of the sports load is chosen by the student. Within the framework of the summer program, courses with 15 and 30 workouts a week are available. Sports activities of all levels are aimed at developing / improving basic football skills. These include: running, ball control, playing with the head, hitting the goal, playing a team game. Also, students learn the tactics of the game with an emphasis on the game under pressure.
Students age: 10 - 17 years, only boys.
Start dates: June 28 - July 26, 2015 (2 weeks).
Requirements for enrollment: English - from A1.
The result of the training: mastery of spoken English; Improving the skills of the game, football equipment, the development of physical strength, endurance.
Class size: 10 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
Cost: from 1300 pounds a week, duration from 2 weeks.
There is a full board accommodation for students. Meals - three meals a day, special (taking into account the physical activities of adolescents).
Accommodation is organized in the residence on campus. Students are offered 2-3-bed rooms.
Extensive extracurricular program includes additional sports activities. It also provides evening entertainment. These include movie screenings, bowling, discos, animation programs.
Students' knowledge is organized by professionals. On excursions to Liverpool, Manchester, York, Leeds, Harrogate, Nersborough, Edinburgh, Newcastle. In the British amusement parks adolescents are accompanied by qualified guides.
The day students attend 1-2 sports training and English lessons. Training takes place in the morning, in the afternoon. English lessons after lunch.
The school has a developed infrastructure. Academic classes are held in the academic building in modern classrooms. Sports - on the playing fields and sites on the campus, in the pool, athletic hall, tennis courts.
Classes are held during the summer period from the end of June to the end of July.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.